TAKE THE LEAD.
Leadership Giving Program
The Peterborough Humane Society aims to be the leader in animal welfare in our community. We’re looking for community leaders to help us achieve that goal.
Your Leadership donation of $1000 or more to the Peterborough Humane Society is an investment that helps makes a positive change in the lives of our animals waiting for their Forever Homes.
All gifts have an impact. Leadership donors demonstrate an even stronger caring response to those dogs and cats arrive at our shelter every day. Leadership giving establishes critical community support and shows loving compassion and generosity from the heart. Leadership gifts are an inspiration for others to support the Peterborough Humane Society. Your donation provides animals with the support they need until they’re adopted to their Forever Home.
YOUR GIFT DIRECTLY SUPPORTS ANIMALS IN OUR CITY AND COUNTY!
Leadership donations have allowed us to achieve some amazing things this past year;
- Provided shelter, food, and medical care the 1,300 animals who came into our shelter
- 149 animals who were rescued from situations of abuse, cruelty and neglect
- 234 families who were reunited with their pets
- 648 animals returned to health and adopted to their new Forever Homes
- Assisted 44 animals through our fostering program
- Raised over $9,000 for the Milo Fund, where 100% of all donations go towards covering the costs of seriously injured animals in our care requiring lifesaving surgeries
- Responded to concerned members of the community who made over 12,775 phone calls to the PHS for support, assistance, advice and education
- Fewer homeless animals are left to suffer and die on our streets thanks to our mandatory spay/neuter program
- Provide educate opportunities on responsible pet ownership for current/future generations
- More than 50 shelter volunteers gained valuable experience and also logged thousands of hours in our shelter to help enrich the lives of the animals we care for
YOU CAN MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE TO
THE LIFE OF AN ANIMAL WITH YOUR DONATION.
“Dear Staff and Volunteers at the Peterborough Humane Society;
We wanted you all to know how well Charlie (formerly Tucker) is adapting to life on the farm! With so much space to run, even he is tired at the end of the day. With his new brother Ben he is learning to fetch, and has discovered a love of swimming. We wanted to thank you for taking such good care of him and to know that he has found a perfect fit in our family.
The McLeod Family”
The Humane Society’s mission is to advocate for the welfare of animals by improving their lives, alleviating suffering, rescuing, providing shelter, healing, facilitating adoption and reducing pet overpopulation. Your support will ensure the Peterborough Humane Society can continue to provide the highest level of care to the animals coming through our doors.
We recognize Leadership gifts made between $1000 – $4999 each year in our donor materials, in our social media, as well as publicly at our events. If you prefer to remain anonymous, there are still tax benefits that you may want to consider when making your donation. Every contribution is a personal commitment to helping our animals and building a caring community.
Please help us be there and give these animals a second chance. On behalf of all the animals at the Peterborough Humane Society, thank you for your consideration of a leadership gift to help protect and care for the many animals that come into our shelter every day.