Latest update – March 27, 2020
Animal Welfare an Essential Service in Ontario
Thank you for continuing to support Peterborough Humane Society, despite these challenging and ever-changing times.
We are pleased to let you know that animal welfare services, such as ours, was included in the list of Essential Workplaces released by the Province of Ontario on March 23rd. This means that we can and will continue to serve the pets and people of Peterborough.
In our efforts to protect the health of our front-line staff, as well as our community, our current business model is as follows:
- We have a small animal care team on duty to provide our animals with the care and enrichment they need
- We are closed for adoptions until further notice
- We still continue to provide animal control services to the City of Peterborough and surrounding townships
- We’re still taking in stray or abandoned animals, as required. Please phone 705-745-4722 ext 205, 705-749-8410 or 705-760-0746
- To protect our community and staff, we ask that you hold off on any physical donations, such as food, towels or shoe boxes, for the time being
- All volunteer programs are suspended, including our Thrift Store
- We will continue to share updates, educational resources and behind the scenes content on our social media channels
We’ve received so many messages of encouragement and offers to help and we cannot thank you enough for that. Despite offering limited services, there are still ways in which you can help:
- Donate online
- Share the love with our team – send us adoption updates, share our posts and keep chatting with us on social media!