From the adoption program which finds safe, loving homes for hundreds of animals each year, to the humane law enforcement program which enforces laws against cruelty to animals, the Peterborough Humane Society provides vital services not available anywhere else in the community. Our society depends heavily on contributions, legacies and fundraising campaigns to continue its important work.
Every donation means help for those who cannot speak for themselves.
Donations to the Peterborough Humane Society help:
- Feed, house and give veterinary care to thousands of animals that come to our shelter each year.
- Administer and enforce Municipal Animal Care and Control By-Laws.
- Prevent, investigate and prosecute cruelty to animals.
- Promote responsible pet ownership and care.
- Control pet overpopulation through a mandatory Spay/Neuter Program.
- Conduct educational activities in the community regarding the humane and ethical treatment of animals.