The Peterborough Humane Society will be in the future developing an education program!!
Education is a key component to promoting responsible pet ownership. Through our educational presentations we are able to teach kids how to choose the proper pet, what is required to keep your pet happy and healthy as well as teach them the importance of spay and neutering.
The programs to be developed will include presentations geared to every age group from JK all the way up to adults. Here is a list of the presentations we currently have available:
- Pet Care (Preschool to Grade one)
- Kindness to Animals (Grades one to two)
- Dog Bite Prevention (Grades one to six)
- Choosing a pet (Grades three to six)
- Responsible Pet ownership (Grades four to six)
- Overpopulation (Grades five to seven)
- Who We Are and What We Do (Grade six and up)
- Careers with Animals (Grades seven and up)
- Some requirements to obtain Pet Care Badge for Guide/Scout groups
In the future if you are interested in having the Peterborough Humane Society visit your school or group please contact us
While we do not charge for our presentations we do ask for either a donation of a toonie or something from our wishlist.