We have several amazing animals currently available for adoption.
As of Monday, April 27, Peterborough Humane Society has opened a contactless adoption process for the animals currently ready for their forever homes. Please be sure to read through the below adoption guidelines before reaching out to us to ensure that we keep you and our team safe.
Note that we are only accepting applications or inquiries for the animals showcased below and that ALL inquiries must go to email@example.com
- View our available animals below.
- If interested in a particular animal, submit an application
Dog application Cat application (application links will open in new window/tab)
- Email your completed application or queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications will be reviewed by our Adoption Coordinator, and only successful applicants will be contacted to set up a telephonic interview.
- During the phone interview, questions on the animals medical history and personality, likes/dislikes and behaviours/preferences will be discussed.
- During the call adopters will be asked a series of questions regarding to travel, exposure to others who have travelled, if they are experiencing any symptoms such as cough, sore throat, fever…
- PHS can provide a video of animal that is of interest to potential adopter.
- If potential adopter is 100% sure they want to adopt the animal they have been inquiring about, all information will be collected for staff to complete all adoption paperwork including method of payment.
- Only one (1) adopter allowed in during the adoption process.
- PHS will provide a cat carrier or leash for animal to be transported home safely. PHS will not allow outside carriers or leashes into the building. This is to minimize potentially contaminated items entering the building.
- If possible, payment ahead of scheduled visit is preferable. We will be able to offer the mobile payment terminal at time of adoption also.
- At time of arrival, adopter will be greeted by staff fully donned in PPE and asked a series questions regarding travel, exposure to others who have travelled and if currently experiencing any of the following symptoms such as cough, sore throat, fever….
- Adopter will be handed a package containing PPE. Gown. Gloves and mask. This must be worn to enter the shelter.
- The adopter, fully donned in PPE, will have the ability to meet the cat/kitten that is in the crate in the front lobby. This will only be for a couple of minutes as we are trying to minimize length of time spent in the shelter.
- If a dog is being adopted, a meet and greet will happen through the fence only.
- The contract, that has been pre-populated and highlighted, will be given to adopter to review and sign.
- If payment has been processed ahead of the visit, please ask adopter to exit the building. Doff PPE and place in garbage can outside.
- If payment has not been processed before visit, this will be done via the mobile terminal and then adopter will be asked to exit the building and doff PPE and place in garbage can.
- Staff will place cat/kitten into a carrier and deliver to waiting adopter outside. Dogs will be leashed and delivered to the adopter in the parking lot.