Our Adoption Centre is currently closed to the public, but we have implemented a contactless adoption process.
As of Monday, April 27, Peterborough Humane Society has opened a contactless adoption process for the animals currently ready for their forever homes. Please be sure to read through the below adoption guidelines before reaching out to us to ensure that we keep you and our team safe.
Note that we are only accepting applications or inquiries for the animals showcased below and that ALL inquiries must go to firstname.lastname@example.org
Available animals (Link will open in new window/tab)
- View our animals up for adoption.
- Contact our Adoption Coordinator by email or at 705-745-4722 x 204 to learn more about the animal you are interested in adopting.
- Fill out an application: Dog application Cat application (application links will open in new window/tab)
- The Adoption Coordinator will contact you for a phone interview. Due to the high-volume of adoption applications that we receive only the applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted. If you’re not selected, please consider re-applying as new animals are added to our website on a regular basis.
- Set an appointment to come to the shelter for a meet and greet and to complete the adoption.
A mask and gloves will be provided to you at the time of your arrival and only one (1) adopter allowed in during the adoption process. We will ensure that physical distancing is maintained to limit contact, while ensuring staff are present to help see the animals off with their new family and answer any questions.