Our Adoption Centre is currently closed to the public, but we have implemented a limited contact adoption process.
Due to COVID-19, Peterborough Humane Society has introduced a low contact adoption process. Please read through the adoption guidelines outlined below prior to reaching out to us to help keep you and our team safe.
Note: We are only accepting applications or inquiries for the animals showcased below. ALL adoption inquiries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- View our animals currently up for adoption. * PLEASE NOTE: PAGE IS UPDATED DAILY *
- Contact our Adoption Coordinator by email or at 705-745-4722 x 204 to learn more about the animal you are interested in adopting.
- Fill out an application: Dog application Cat application (application links will open in new window/tab)
- The Adoption Coordinator will contact you for a phone interview. Due to the high-volume of adoption applications received, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not selected, please consider re-applying as new animals are added to our website on a regular basis.
- Set an appointment to come to the shelter for a meet and greet and to complete the adoption.
A mask and gloves will be provided to you at the time of your arrival and only one (1) adopter will be allowed in during the adoption process. Our team will adhere to social distancing to limit contact, while ensuring the relevant staff are present to help answer any questions and see the animals off with their new family.