Peterborough Humane Society has implemented an appointment only adoption process.
Ensuring the well-being of the animals in our care and health & safety of our PHS team and community members remains our greatest priority. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-745-4722 x 204 should you need assistance.
- Animals currently available for adoption are posted to our website here. This page is updated daily and reflects animals that are available from day to day. Please note, we only accept applications/inquiries for animals currently posted on website.
- Call for an Appointment: 705-745-4722 x 204
- Viewings and adoptions are by appointment only. Appointments are available between 11am-3pm Wednesday – Saturday by calling (705) 745-4722 ext 204. Please note: If interested in viewing the dogs a Dog Application must be filled out before making an appointment to ensure the dog being viewed is a good match for your family.
- Please be patient as we receive a high volume of calls. Please leave a message and messages will be returned in the order in which we receive them.
- We follow a first come, first served model (assuming a good match has been made). We strongly encourage you to book the earliest appointment available as we cannot “hold” animals.
- You may be able to view multiple animals available during your appointment. We appreciate your understanding in the event an animal who was available at the time of booking is no longer available when the date and time of your appointment arrives. If an animal is adopted, they will be removed from the website and you can keep your standing appointment to view others or call to cancel the appointment.
- Visit the shelter.
- Please arrive at your appointment on time. We may not able to accommodate early or late arrivals as we will have other scheduled visits that day. If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment please call in advance. “No Shows” will not be considered for future appointments.
Cats: You will meet with our Adoption Counsellor and they will facilitate ‘meet and greets’ with the available cats. If you find a cat you would like to adopt, our Adoption Counsellor will advise you on next steps (including filling out a Cat Adoption Application). In most cases cats can go home the same day as your appointment. Be prepared and bring a cat carrier with you to the appointment as all cats must be transported home in a carrier.
Dogs: Please fill out a Dog Application prior to calling for an appointment. If you are a good match for your chosen dog(s) we will contact you to set up an appointment. You will meet with our Adoption Counsellor and they will be able to speak to you about the dogs available for adoption. If you see a dog you would like to adopt our Adoption Counsellor will advise you on next steps. In most cases, a separate appointment for a formal meet and greet will need to be scheduled.